Drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten. -- Natasha Bedingfield, "Unwritten"
OK, not really, but in the last week or so, I couldn't help but think of that fact that I have finally caught up with Lois Lane.
When L&C first started airing, I was 11 -- and Lois was 26. That sounded so grown-up to me. After all, she was so accomplished as a journalist -- and she had the hottest guy in the universe (literally) following after her with stars in his eyes.
So in honor of turning the same age as the venerable Ms. Lane, I decided to do my best come-hither journalistic minx pose in the Calvin Klein coat Chris gave me for my birthday and my beloved Coach sunglasses.
(And now that I'm looking at the pic, I see that I don't do come-hither so well.)
Anyway, new coat, new hair, new year.
I feel like birthdays are a personal new year of sorts -- on your birthday, you are presented with a clean slate. After all, the calendar year encompasses two different ages, and that can be both a blessing and a curse. Case in point: I got married in June 2006 (at age 23), and found out my husband was losing his job in December (at age 24). Likewise, in February 2007, I was on top of the world after earning a permanent position at The Times, and six months later, I turned 25 at rock bottom in the aftermath of my miscarriage.
24 was a year of change -- adjusting to married life, making the decision to have a child, geting my job, struggling to get pregnant, and then losing the baby ...
25 was a year of healing and self-discovery. It was a horrible year, but I feel like I learned a lot about myself, and there were definitely high points, especially my trip to L.A. and getting new opportunities at the paper, including slotting and my work in Editorial.
Today is where the 26th chapter of my book begins.
The rest is still unwritten.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OH YEE OF PINKNESS!!!
ReplyDelete;)
I love the pose... hysterical. Can you post another picture that shows more of that sexy jacket though? It looks fantastic! But I've yet to see you wear something that you don't make look fantastic... sooo...
I hope you have a great day, and a great year...
You're right... it's unwritten... and who knows what your future will bring you this time around. I've got my fingers crossed for what I'm wishing for you though. ;)
*huge hugs and squggles*
Happy Birthday, my goddess of pink! Welcome to 26. We are in it together now! ;) I love the coat and the highlights. You look great! Enjoy you Indian birthday meal, but remember no breakdancing, and don't bring any leftovers back for the Pirate! Bleah!
ReplyDeleteLove you much!
Chad
Happy Birthday my lovely friend! Sorry, I'm posting a bit late here. please forgive...
ReplyDeleteYou see you make me having a funny start in the day. I was laughing a lot when I saw your pic with the coat , the sunglasses and the paper! love that one. Oh and your highlight are awesome. I want some too but I have to wait until "red" is gone...
Well I hope you had a great Birthday! The 26th Chapter sounds like a real funny a good one! I'm curious to read it :)
lots of love *hugs*
Barbara
I'm even later than Barbara, but not to late to say I love the pose,but I think it does look more 'don't mess with me' than come hither, but hey that was Lois too!
ReplyDeleteThe highlights are great and so is the coat.
Jenn, I wish you well as you begin the 26th chapter. May life be kind to you this year.
Love Jenni