Sunday, February 3, 2008

Down came the rain ... or is it snow?

It's finally February. I honestly didn't know if I would make it through the holidays without losing it. It was a lot of stress and a lot of bittersweet memories. Thankfully, we planned some fun things to do in January and that took my mind off things. We went to Las Vegas for a long weekend, and it was a lot of fun. We stayed at the MGM Grand, which ensured we did a lot of walking to get anywhere, but since it was about 60-65 every day, we didn't mind. Especially since it was 30 and rainy in Seattle. We had some great food (Emeril's!), some drinks (I am officially in love with pomegranate martinis and the "Pinking Think" at the HRC), saw some celebs, did some shopping (Tiffany!) ... it was really nice.

The following weekend, we flew out to Pullman to watch the Cougars stomp the Ducks. Aside from almost dying in the rental car (Saturn + black ice + highway = bad combination), we had a lot of fun and hit up all of our old hot spots, including The Emerald and Sella's.

We'll be going down to Corvallis to watch the Cougars play the Beavers on Valentine's Day (the things we do for love), and I'm keeping busy with work, writing and looking forward to my next vacation. Watch out, L.A., the Evil League is on the way! ;-)

5 comments:

  1. glad to see you wrote something new here :) You were really busy the past weeks with all your trips. I know Vegas is a special place for you and I'm glad to see it weren't too cool over there (thanks for telling me where the MGM was...). You were lucky to see "some celebs" in Cin City!
    I hope February will be ok and you'll start a new chapter. I really think 2008 will be a good year you know :)
    Hurra for 2008, I hope it will bring a lot of good things!
    Evil League forever.

    big hugs from France. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrr Pink Hottie! Captain Lauren has noticed that in your profile you failed to mention how much you LOVE hanging out with your favorite folc hotties! And here I thought that was the most important thing in your life!

    Much love from your favorite Florida Pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you catching up! And nice to see you having quality time with your seuper-man (men? ;) in Vegas!!

    p.s. Love that top... who is your stylist?

    *hugs atcha*

    Pure Evil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun on your recent trips. Great pic! Love the top; very pretty.

    Looking forward to more folc evil!

    Evil L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the postcard from "Alaska" ;-)
    February will be your month, I just know it! Hope you'll have a great valentine's day!

    Long lives the Evil League...

    hugs from your Austrian friend!

    ReplyDelete