Their wedding, at Lakewold Gardens, was absolutely gorgeous and briefly made me regret getting married out of state. Then again, considering the weather we had last June, it probably would have rained and people would have looked at the pictures and said, "Why is Chris marrying Diana Ross?"
I am feeling old, though. (Insert eyeroll from my older friends, especially the two turning 40 this year.) It's something about turning 25 last week -- being five years from 30 -- and now starting to see my friends and people I have known since childhood start to get married and have children. I've been married for a year, Melissa just got married, Jessica has been married for five years, and Brooke and Katie are both getting married soon. Autumn and Jessica both have sons, Melissa has a daughter, Irene has one of each ... the list goes on and on.
Having been in my job now for almost three and a half years, in some ways, college seems like it was a really long time ago, but in others, it seems like yesterday that we were freshmen escaping to Papa John's in the middle of the night to avoid the fire drill (which ironically never happened).
Then again, as I said on my birthday, hopefully with age will come wisdom and experience to deal with all of life's ups and downs.
No comments:
Post a Comment