Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Team Pink ... or Team Blue?

We ended 2008 on a high note: Finding out whether Truffle is a boy or a girl. And for the last few weeks, our family and friends have been weighing in.

Among those who thought Truffle was a boy: Uncle Tyler, Uncle Tony, Julie, Kris, Leah, Caro, Jessi ...

Among those who thought Truffle was a girl: Grandma Susie, Aunt Krissy, Uncle Scott, Godsister Kaely, Lauren, Kate, Lisa, Clem ...

So who was right?

MEET TRUFFLE ...



... also known as Collin, but still to be referred to as Truffle until he makes his appearance on June 10, 2009. IT'S A BOY!!!!

I just about had a stroke right there on the table at Seattle Ultrasound Associates, mainly because those three little words blew 17 weeks of "intuition" right out the window (the first thought that ran through my mind: Brynn has a penis?!?!) but at the same time, I am excited to be having a son. And I'm also glad to have time to read up on trucks and dinosaurs. As for Chris, well, there are no words. I think we've finally found something that makes him happier than back-to-back Apple Cup wins.

We went to Southcenter on the way home and I bought three pairs of maternity pants (I can no longer be in denial that I can't button my pants) and eight pieces of clothing from the Gymboree sale for our little he-Truffle. (Common theme: Bears and blue. Sadly, no argyle.) I'm not going to lie and say I didn't have evil thoughts of buying the pink "snow bunny" shirt anyway, but I think Chris would have left me to take the bus home.

On the other hand, I still have a goddaughter and two nieces to buy pink for. And, of course, myself. You know, uh, right after I buy a new copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" which I threw up on while looking up nausea cures the other night. And no, I'm not kidding. What can I say, it's been a surprising week.

18 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats, Jenn!!! Soooo happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! It (he) seems so much more real now, huh? But I thought your boy name was Jackson?!? Anyway, happy, happy 2009. It's going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaPpY DaNcInG! Your GD and I are happy dancing for you! She is VERY excited that she will have a God Bro! CONGRATULATIONS! I too thought you were having a girl! Happy Day and Happy New Year!! Megan and Kaely

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Finding out we were having an Emma (instead of a Jackson) was the most most exciting part of the pregnancy and I will NEVER forget that moment. I'm so excited for you that you just experienced it. And now you can plan for him! SO FUN. I want to do it again. Like now. :)

    Sorry I haven't written back to you yet. We've been so busy the past couple of weeks. I have a ton of pictures to post from Christmas still and I'm planning Emma's first birthday party! A cupcake theme. YAY!

    Anyway, it's about you here. :) CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to hear more. Have fun! SUCH a SPECIAL time. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! YAY! Congrats!

    ...and I was so right! booyah! I get to send him Superman and Batman presents. wooooooot!

    (/senses Jenn will hate her soon...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! What awesome news!
    I hope little he-truffle will be a very good boy for you both in-utero and once he comes out (my experience was Mitchell used my organs as a football field (real football.. none of this soccer rubbish), my ribs as a launching pad for tackles, and to this day he is.... such a boy).
    Now I can go mad shopping when the New Years Sales start (which isn't until Chinese New Year here).... aaaand... of course, I'll have to do the rounds at Pumpkin Patch too!!

    I am so delighted for you. So excited I can't find the words to express how proud, happy, nervous, and all that stuff I am for you.

    What a way to bring in 2009!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jenn I am so happy for all of you! Congratulations. this is going to be a wonderful year for you. God bless you and your family and have a happy healthy New Year! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Truffle! *energetic wave* I am so happy for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! Auxh a cute picture! (That first word is supposed to be 'such'... I... wasn't looking when I typed it :P)

    *hugs you both. hugs you all. hugs everyone!*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew it!!!! Okay. I didn't really "know" but I figured since you have been soooo sick with this pregnancy it had to be a boy. I've heard the old wives tale that boys make you more sick because of all the extra testosterone. But who knows. My sis didn't get sick at all with Landon.

    Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to meet him! And if I have a boy, he'll have a best friend. And if I have a girl, she'll have a future husband. I'm not totally against arranged marriage you know. ;-)

    /hugs Jenn and Collin and Chris Squee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo! Boys are so much fun. Auntie Chad is already thinking about all the pirate and Superman stuff she can buy for him. ;)

    Congratulations on your exciting vomit story. I think you should enter that little tidbit into one of those pregnancy magazines or something. It's just too funny.

    I love that your child is not born yet, and Stephanie is already arranging his marriage. Way to be on top of things, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats :D
    Glad to hear everything is going well :)

    And I loooove the name!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why does stupid Tony always have to be right??!!! Sniff* Anywho it is still wonderful news. Great name by the way!Sounds just right for a sports announcer or baseball player;-) YEYEYYEY me soooo excited to be an Auntie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, congratulations Jenn and Chris.

    Blue was always my favourite colour anyway!!

    Collin is a great name too.

    Jenn, I'm so happy that 2009 is going to be such a good year for you.

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah!!! I'm so excited that you are having a boy! You know I wanted a girl at first too, but I can't imagine my life without Aiden. Boys are so much fun. Time to start buying little toy trucks and everything in blue! I'm so excited for you guys, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I totally thought it would be a girl! Now I have shopping to do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So Team Blue won! Jenn, that's terrific! Collin is such a cute name and now you get to buy gender-specific things, which I couldn't do. Not knowing the gender till my kids were born meant everything was green and yellow. :P

    Funny story about looking up your nausea remedies. I hope that part gets better soon!

    Congrats and have a wonderful 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenn -
    Congrats to you two on the news about your little guy. Exciting days ahead! Happy, happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete