The following is the post that I put up on Zoom's boards and the Lois and Clark Fanfic boards tonight. I think it is self-explanatory:
It's a pretty sad day for this fandom when someone is committing egregious acts on a FoLC's behalf.
Someone has stolen my user name from here and is posting nasty comments all over blogs about Teri and Dean, comments that say that she is a whore, he is gay, she is washed up, he is a loser, etc., etc., etc., and linking to my personal blog, which people from all over the world are now looking at through these horrible links.
They have stolen the name I have been posting in this fandom with for FIVE years. The name I have written my fics with, and won my Kerths with.
This stops NOW.
I am making a post on my blog now and contacting the admins of those sites to get an IP trace.
If anyone sees a "post" by me on any of these entertainment sites, slamming Teri and/or Dean, please know it is not me. I have nothing but the utmost respect for both of them.
I am sure this is the same person who has left me comments on my blog saying a range of things from that my husband will leave me, that I deserved to lose my baby, that I am a fat bitch ... I have had enough.
The game is over.
I cannot believe that someone in this fandom would do this.
It makes me sick.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG! I'm so shocked. This is something I can't really believe that someone is doing such things. Whoever is doing this, PLEASE stop!
ReplyDelete/me hugs you!
Oh god, Jenn, I'm so very sorry for you.
ReplyDeleteThat is just horrible behaviour. I know it's only a small consolation, but I'm sure that no-one who knows you would ever think that it was you posting those nasty things in the first place.
Still, I do hope the IP trace will be successful, and that you will soon be fully and solely in charge of your "online life" again.
Big hugs.
I can't believe it. I'm used to say that stupidity is a bottomless pit, I wish I was wrong.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you. Hugs.
Gosh, Jenn, this is really sick.
ReplyDeleteI'm so so sorry for you :(
*big hugs*
I really hope you know that at least your friends know you, the real you and know that it could never be you who's behind this stupid flaming.
You totally don't deserve this.
*throws in more hugs*
*hugs you tight*
ReplyDeleteJust remember, for every crazy out there who'd do something like that, there are dozens of people who love you to bits.
I'm so sorry this has happened. The internet has a dark side and unfortunately someone has dragged you into it. I hope you're able to get the IP trace and stop them. It really sucks that some folks have nothing better to do than make trouble.
ReplyDeleteMarilyn AKA Supermom
I'm so sorry. It's so horrible that someone could do this to you. I hope you get some results from the IP trace and that you find out who is doing this.
ReplyDelete****big hugs****
Kate
I think this is totally immature of the person doing this. I don't know what they think they're getting out of it, but it's just showing how many people love you.
ReplyDeleteHey Jen, I read your blog. We should talk. I know sometimes you look at me and thing me old, but age only means more years at living. I have been through many of the same things you have. I also remember being 26. We were in different places then but after I married at 28, I started going through many of the same experiences. I went trough many years of fighting depression because of fertility issues. And never in a million years at 26 did I think I'd finally get to be a Mom at 48. I feel just like any 28 year old new Mom only a little more tired.Just know that if you want it, it will happen one way or another. Be at peace with that thought. You will be a Mom sooner or later. For you I hope it is sooner. My weight crept up on me as I went through years and years of infertility stuff. So here I am a Mom now and I am just starting to drop a few pounds of baby weight FINALLY but very very slowly. Since 2 years ago I have lost over 30 pounds. But I have 50 to go so I plan on being on a long road. Keep hope it your heart.
ReplyDeleteAs for the odd person that used your name, shame on them. You did not deserve that. I can only imagine what a sad pathetic person it must be to have to get attention in that manner. Ah well. that is all for now. Have fun with your blog and see you in a few weeks. Laurie
Jenn, I just got home from vacation tonight and read this. That's so distressing. It's a kind of identity theft, and, unfortunately, the anonymity of the 'net makes it possible for spiteful, cowardly people to get away with that kind of behavior. I'm sorry it happened to you.
ReplyDelete((hug))